Saturday, January 16, 2010

January Presidency Newsletter








Hello Young Women Leaders of the Washington DC Stake and Happy New Year!

This is our first official presidency newsletter for our new blog. A big thank you to Kelly Miller for setting this up. If you have any ideas, please send them on to her!
I have thought a lot about what to say in this our first official newsletter, and that's why it's already Jan. 16. My thoughts have led me to one piece of advice, taken from President Uchtdorf when he discussed how to move a piano; "stand close together and lift where you stand". I had quite a heavy load this month with many preparations and decisions to be made on firesides, Kirtland, dances, camp, and preparing for ward conferences. When I prayed for help and expressed that my plate was a little full, I got a clear impression that I was trying to move a piano alone for no reason. I have in place (after several months!) a wonderful presidency and I need to stand close to them and lift where I stand. It has worked for me and I thought I would urge you to work well together, have fun together, help each other out with the responsibilities, speak positively to each other, and pray together. May the Lord bless you in your efforts to strengthen our young women. I appreciate the opportunity to work with you and hope we can be a support.

Melanie Colton

1 comment:

  1. Well done Kelley! Thanks for doing this - I think it will be really helpful.

    ReplyDelete